Skip to main content
Collection, Preservation and Display of Old Lawn Mowers

L06856 Bearing Atco B17

Enter a word or two to search the forum section and click the Search Forum button.

Hi , my Atco B17 needs a couple of new bearings part No L08656, anyone know what the bearing code is for these please?w

Forums

hillsider Mon, 15/01/2024

I don't have a cross reference for the LO6856 Atco B17 bearings that you need but the safest way to identify the bearings is to remove them from the mower and identify them by the numbers on the bearing casings.

Henno Tue, 16/01/2024

Hi,

It this a Atco B17 de Luxe or a Commodore B17?
Which bearings are you trying to replace, I mean, where on the machine?

olcadmin Tue, 16/01/2024

LO6856 is listed as a rear roller bearing in a manual online on our site.

If all else fails, take careful measurements of the bearing - external diameter, width/thickness, diameter of central hole etc. It's likely that you will need to take these as imperial rather than metric (although metric might be useful too). Then contact any of the main bearing suppliers and tell them what you need (there are plenty to be found online and there may even be one close enough to home so you can visit). They will almost certainly be able to help and in my experience the bearings will cost a few pounds each.

None of these mowers used bearings made by the mower company or made specifically for mower use: they were off the shelf items.

chirpy999 Tue, 16/01/2024

Thanks I have been in touch with a supplier who has them in stock so should have them in the next few days.

olcadmin Tue, 16/01/2024

Hi, would you mind sharing who you contacted and how much they cost? I am sure others would like to know.

chirpy999 Tue, 16/01/2024

My brother a time served Maintenance Engineer was over and he measured the bearing with a vernier gauge. Put the figures in a google search and it came up with a few options. I got in touch with Simply bearings,  simplybearings.co.uk raised a ticket and they got back to me with 3 options , budget medium and best quality . I  have gone for medium . I was impressed by the quick response , so all ordered and due in a few days.

I will update again when theyve arrived

Dave

chirpy999 Mon, 22/01/2024

The bearings have arrived klnj5/8 on the packet . Made in Japan by KSM , they look and feel alright so I can progress this build now.