Skip to main content
Collection, Preservation and Display of Old Lawn Mowers

ANNUAL RALLY 2023 - Photos by Mowing Wurzel

Enter a word or two to search the forum section and click the Search Forum button.

Catalogue Mowers lined up on Sunday

An Atco  Car on the Sunday

The field on the Sunday afternoon

A view on Sunday

A Buddings Patent Replica inside the Museum

Sunday

Sunday Morning, auction lots put out

Have you got the right size spanner?

A trio of  F & B's    "Climax"

No anti-climax here

Fire up the Ransomes!

Sunday Photo No.196

Still Sunny...

A diverse array!

A View towards the Bandstand on the Saturday

A herd of Mowers on the Saturday Morning, some awaiting adoption

Mowers near the Bandstand on the Sunday

A selection of some transfers the club offers, plus historic mower photos and advertisements

A view towards the Farmhouse on the Sunday

A Pony in the Paddock on the Sunday

Another view on the sunday

Some Sidewheel Mowers on the Sunday

Ransomes, Shanks, etc..

C.1910 R.S&J.  Pony Mower

Sunday Afternoon

The AG Prize Winning Mower 2023  The New Archimedean

The New Archimedean

The New Archimedean

18"  Silens Messor  "Deluxe"

The Atco Car

MikeD Wed, 24/05/2023

Nice display but could have been better if someone had cut the grass.Does , anyone for the airborne division have a flymo?

Mowing Wurzel Wed, 24/05/2023

Milton Keynes Museum is a "proper Museum" with real historic exhibits and very friendly, warm and informative staff.

It is always imperative to support great public resources such as MK Museum with budget constraints, who rely heavily on dedicated volunteers.  I believe their modern mower was in repair status.

Luckily Ian T. was first on the scene with his 5hp Hayterette to cut the grass down to size!

Clive1997 Thu, 25/05/2023

Great photo's Paul, as to the long grass, I assumed the museum was supporting 'Plantlife' with 'No Mow May' especially with their focus on nature & conservation. Many professional & reputable organisations are supporting this movement including our museum.

olcadmin Thu, 25/05/2023

That's correct, Clive. Although the museum's mower was broken down the director told me that they would have been mowing as little as possible in any case this month.

Mowing Wurzel Thu, 01/06/2023

The auction was interesting as usual.

I became the new custodian of a lovely Shanks "Wizard." (much previous discourse on the Forum regarding it)

Any info  such as a scan /  copy of the Shanks Manual, and Villiers engine workshop manual / technical info (see my other post)  would be greatly apreciated.

More questions on the engine to follow.....(Villiers 2 stroke expert wanted!)

MikeD Wed, 07/06/2023

With all of those mowers on the grass and people running all over it I don't think the wild flowers have a chance.anyway it would look more presentable if someone had cut a border along the edge of the grass so Joe public could have a better look.Does anyone have a Husqvarna mulching mower?